Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Freedom

The following spoken words was written for the ZINE submission of Feminist Black Sheep and performed on her 1st Birthday bash :-) Happy Birthday FBS :-)

Here is the Spoken Words: Freedom video and script is below :-) 

*FOLLOW/ COMMENT and SHARE :-)

FREEDOM!!

I woke up for the first time after a first nights sleep
I woke up free
Free from responsibility
Free from ideology
Free from lies
Free from truths
Free from relationships
Free from all ties

Now i stand here looking back at life
Now I know what I had
Now I know what i have
Now i understand what i am
Now i understand what i have

Free to make friends
Free to choose my outfits
Free to go to family functions
Free to stay at home
Free to swing and slide at the park
Free to swim the oceans deep

Now i stand here and think what a life i have lived.
Now i know what i had
Now i know what i have
Now i understand what i cherish
Now i understand what is true happiness

Free to pick my subjects in school
Free to study late evening or at the break of dawn
Free to hang out with friends we get along
Free to ride a bike
Free to play sports i like
Free to draw
Free to dance
Free to write
Free to explore all my potentials or flaws

Now I stand here and think what choices i made
Now i know what i had
Now i know what i have
Now i understand what skills i have
Now i understand what i should go forth and get

Free to seek employment
Free to budget my earnings
Free to spend on sprees
Free to travel the world so beautifully
Free to socialize
Free to enterprise
Free to make friends and expand my network
Free to love and marry he who i think worthy

Now I stand here and think what opportunities i received
Now i know what i had
Now i know what i have
Now i understand what i have done
Now i understand what i need to do

Free to be a young woman of color
Free to call myself a feminist in this future
Free to be an advocate
Free to be an activist
Free to make plans as i see fit
Free to make pitches as I see the rift
Free to determine my own future

Now i stand here proud and content
Now i know what i had
Now i know what i have
Now i understand what i can achieve
Now i understand what thanks to sing




No comments:

Post a Comment